Sunday 13 July 2014

Arbonne - A product review

This week, I was lucky enough to have been given a couple of products to try from the company Arbonne*. I had never heard of this company before, but it works a bit like an Avon, you have your friendly local consultant, or you can order online with a consultant’s code.

I was given the It’s a Long Story Mascara and the eyeliner in the shade Ebony.
 
 

Let’s begin with the Eyeliner (£17). This product comes in a crème stick formula, not very dissimilar to the Avon Glimmerstick. It applies very smoothly, with no tugging or pulling, and blends out easily. The colour is not so intense on first application, but it can be built up if you are looking for a harsher black line. This Arbonne eyeliner also comes with a very handy sharpener at the end, so it is really easy to maintain a point. I did like this eyeliner, however, I think that there are others on the market which are cheaper, that will do as good a job!

I was more impressed with the mascara I was given. The ‘It’s a Long Story’ Mascara (£25) is one of Arbonne’s newest products.  The applicator wand is made up of silicone spikes arranged in a squareish formation. There are also some spikes on the very tip of the wand, which are useful to separate lashes. As consistencies go, this mascara is very thin, which makes it prefect for creating spidery lashes. I found that it did give my lashes a dramatic lengthened look and did not clump them together. It also worked great for my lower lash line, and I loved the end result.

Overall, although I liked these products (particularly the mascara), the only reservation I have about them is the price. They are very expensive. Arbonne is cruelty free and try to use as natural ingredients as possible, so if you like these kinds of brands this may be one you want to give a try!

Have you tried any Arbonne products? Which ones would you recommend?

If you would like to order any products from the website, https://www.arbonneinternational.co.uk/, you can use the consultant ID: 441218632. Contact consultant Emma Richardson at emmarichardson1@outlook.com if you are intrigued and she will happily arrange for some samples to be sent over to you!

*Disclaimer: Although I was given these products free of charge, the thoughts and opinions expressed in this blog entry are all my own. I was not paid to write this post or to feature these products.

No comments:

Post a Comment