Sunday 6 April 2014

Mirror, mirror, on the wall. Who has the best lashes of them all? No7 Intense Volume Mascara Product Review.

This week’s blog post is going to be a review of a product I mentioned in my ‘March Favourite’s’ blog, which you can read – here. I brought this product in a flap, having spend ages trying to find a new mascara in Boots, and struggled to narrow down to one out of the vast range on offer.

 
On first application, I was struck by the thinness of the formula. It feels very light when applied. However, I was blown away with how well the lashes were coated and separated with just one sweep. I can often rush out the house with just one coat, and still feel good. It is also very buildable. Be careful though – you really do have to let each coat dry before applying the next, otherwise the lashes do tend to get stuck together.

With a name like ‘Intense Volume’, it is natural to expect big things. ‘Did your lashes look like they had more volume?’ I hear you cry! Hmmm. Volume? I’m not so sure. My lashes looked full and very well defined. However, a ‘false lash effect’ mascara this is not – or maybe I’m wearing the wrong falsies?! I applied this after I had curled my lashes and it held pretty well. I was happy with how my lashes looked at the end of the day. There were no clumps and no flaking.

 
Now I want to take a little time out to talk about the wand. I am completely puzzled over this new fascination with ‘flexy’ wands. I am just going to put it out there – I do not like them. I don’t see how they help, they just annoy me. I like my wand to be straight and inflexible – and this wand delivers. There is nothing different or gimmicky about this wand.  The spoolie is nice and long, with a tapered end. It is very easy to use and quick to apply.

I don’t really have much to say about the packaging for this product. It comes in the curved shape which is synonymous with most No7 mascaras. I do like the bronzed colour, but I am not jumping up and down over it. Anyway, it’s what’s inside that counts.

To my surprise, I absolutely love this product. Considering I purchased it, without much thought, I did not expect big things. I was pleasantly surprised by how great this product is, and at £9.95 it’s a ‘no-brainer’. You can purchase it online here, where it is part of an offer. If you buy 2 selected No7 products, you get a free gift!

Have you tried this mascara? Have you ever had any pleasant surprises when buying make up?

3 comments:

  1. I haven't tried this but it sounds lovely. I had to comment and say I couldn't agree more about the 'flex' wands - they just irritate me, it's like they bend away when you're trying to put mascara on - what's the point?!
    Would love if you'd take a little look at my blog, follow on bloglovin if you like it and I'll follow back! x
    The perks of being a hipster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that you commented about your mutual hatred of flex wands! I was beginning to think I was the only one! I have followed you on Bloglovin your blog is beautiful! x

      Delete
  2. Thank you! I will take a look at your blog! x

    ReplyDelete